Wednesday 18 April 2007

Something Strange

Blank.
My mind is blank.
Had a math test today and don't want to talk about it.
Hated my accountancy class,as always.
Economics..ah the lovely subject, reduced to sermons and homilies,again.
History saved the day...I enjoy this one class in school and this one class alone.
After a day of abject boredom,my mind is numb.Sure I could have used the time in school to dream a little dream,think a little thought...I generally do.Today, something held me back from doing this ...something.

I hate it when I feel blank.My mind can't process a thing.And then I get this feeling in my head where I can feel the vacuum,see that nothing fits anywhere,nothing makes sense.Try as I might,I can't remember the capital of Tazakistan,can't enjoy the sunset,can't remember that lovely tune I was humming to myself yesterday.

It always amazes me how I can get bored while there's so much to discover...As for that something,I was hoping I'd figure that out by the end of this post.And figured out I have.
That something is actually many things...And I blissfully sign off,knowing what's bothered me. All in a matter of a few key strokes!

A wound oh, miserable woes.
Some words,
A thought,and then another.
A smile,some solace
And then, a spark.
Ah ,so we meet at last
I meet myself...a stranger.
As trepid as I and just as lost
As guarded as I,withdrawn...alone.
He tells me just as much.
I tell him otherwise;
I tell him I'm unafraid,unguarded,driven...
He cuts me short,for he knows me.
Knows me as he knows himself,
Knows me more than I know myself.
And then I realise...we're no strangers, him and I
I've known him always
Just never gave him much thought.
But now, I fell in love with him.
And together,we've learnt,unlearnt,relearnt.
Passionately,patiently we've fought.
He's relented,I've relented more.
Words heal wounds,
Thoughts heal thoughts.
My love and I are healing.
Yes,healing beautifully.

2 comments:

Shiny Butter Knife said...

Profound indeed.
Mind numbing days = accounts + economics + a test of some sort. sadly enough, that's virtually every day these days. :(

berserkbabbler said...

Thank you:)
look at the bright side though shiny,we have to endure this for just a few more months.o wait,there is nothing bright about this.sigh!